Monday, March 25, 2019

March 17-19

On March 17th he put his bike to good use, doing his first ever triathlon sprint. (With no training, I might add.) He had never been swimming in open water, never swum in a race, never raced a bicycle AND it's been nearly 5 years since he ran a competitive race. What the heck! Why NOT do a triathlon? He said it was a blast. I think he was still on a runner's high a few hours later when he called to tell me about it. (Which was in the late afternoon of March 16th here.)




I'm just sorry I wasn't there to cheer him on!  He's probably glad I wasn't there ringing one of my cowbells.  Sure wish I had a picture of him during or after the race.  Oh, it just dawned on me that I could go to the race website and check out their photos. 😊

To see official photos of him from the race click here.  I really like some of the biking photos but I just don't know if I want to pay the $24 to download ONE photo. I'll think about it.  


Seeing this little Cobra replica reminded him Dad.  😊
Photo taken in Buddina.
Caloundra 3-19
Currimundi Lake sunset 3-19
Interesting, a drive-thru liquor store.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment